5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Commercial Buyer to join a well-established organisation based in Stafford for an initial 12 week Temp to Perm.
The purpose of the Temp to Perm will be to assist the Senior Procurement team in the To ensure the procurement of goods and services for Property Plus is delivered in line with operational needs and provides Value for Money.
- To manage Procurement for Property Plus, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, guidelines and best practice.
- To develop Procurement systems and improve the purchase of goods, and services.
- To manage contractor relationships and SLA performance for all Property Plus individual contracts up to £2 million, with a total spend circa £4 million.
- In line with the group procurement strategy, development, implement and update the Value for Money Statement for Property Plus.
- In accordance with the group guidelines, develop and embed Value for Money thinking throughout Property Plus. Assisting Senior Operations Managers to analyse, identify and implement VFM improvements. Ensuring that these improvements are measured and recorded in the group annual VFM self-assessments to the Regulator.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- Extensive procurement management experience within the construction industry
- Significant experience in efficiency savings, cost reductions and value for money within a successful public/private sector organisation
- Experience of the OJEU tendering process for procuring goods, services and works above EU thresholds
- Up to date knowledge of current best practice, including Value for Money, e-procurement and e-auctions
- Demonstrable practical knowledge and experience in relevant areas, including Procurement, and Value for Money
- Sound experience of contract law and contract management, including EU Public Procurement Regulations, TUPE, Social Value Act, etc.
- Sound experience of budget management
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice