City of London, London
£26 - £52 per hour + flexible working arrangements
6 months ago
Commercial Procurement Lawyer
Contract - Full-time
£26 - 52 per hour
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for Commercial Contrcts and Procurement Lawyers to join a Central Government team to advise on a range of commercial, contractual and procurement matters. The successful candidate will be a qualified legal professional (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate strong commercial and procurement law experience. The team draft and advise on every part of the commercial process, from the commercial law implications of a policy, through to designing the appropriate commercial construct, ensuring that projects appropriately manage legal risk, that contracts are managed effectively, and that any disputes are resolved as effectively as possible. They are involved in many of the government's highest profile and most sensitive matters. The work is varied, interesting and usually at the forefront of some of the main issues facing Government as a whole.
The ideal Candidate for this Commercial Contracts and Procurement Lawyer role will have:
- Qualified legal professional (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Sound understanding of public, procurement and contract law
- Proactively manage risks and identify solutions
- Commercial and procurement experience
- An understanding of the role of lawyers in Government
The successful Candidate for this Commercial Procurement Lawyer role will be required to:
- Manage legal risks in conjunction with other risks
- Work alongside the litigation lawyers/counsel in dispute resolution cases
- Instructing and managing external law firms and counsel
- Work closely with the advisory law teams and help to implement policies
- £26-52 per hour
- Rolling contract & internal opportunities
- Working from home followed by flexible working arrangements
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.