Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus, Pension,
7 months ago
Opportunity for an experienced and part qualified Commercial Analyst to join a growing FTSE listed business within a newly created role based at their UK head office in south Manchester.
Working within the Operational Finance team this role is commercially focused and business partners to Senior Operational teams. Reporting into the Operational Finance Manager, you will act as one of the key finance contacts for the Retail Operations Team and wider Finance team. This is a team that has been experiencing rapid growth over the past 2 years and consists of very experienced colleagues that have been with the business for 8 years plus.
They are looking for someone who is committed and driven to develop their career in Finance further and in return for your hard work, they can support you to achieve your ambition through gaining qualifications, guidance and experience.
- Review and interpretation of business site Performance highlight any issues and understand trends, undertaking reviews with the senior operations team to understand and build action plans for areas of opportunity
- Conduct deep dive analysis on underperforming units to understand key trends and work with field / data teams (incl. Regional Operations Directors & Area Managers) to develop a robust action plan to turnaround performance.
- Preparation and interpretation of property financials to help support decision making
- Weekly reporting, period end reporting and board slide preparation; understanding variances and clearly explaining to non-financial colleagues.
- Preparing audit level information and be the key contact for Group Finance and Audit during these times.
- Work closely with the rest of Operational finance and Central Finance and Control to model / build / support / present / input the formal Business Plan and Reforecast.
- Provide appropriate challenge, and support to Operations business partners and managers
This is an ideal role for someone in the process of attaining your CIMA or ACCA qualifications that also has a couple of years experience ideally within a multi site operation. You will have a commercial mindset and be strong analytically. In return you will receive a comprehensive study package, support and leave for revision.
This is a great business that had a exceptional reputation in the market. Many employees have been there for many years and continually progress and develop on a personal and professional level. Excellent benefits package.
For more information contact Martin today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.