Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Lead Commercial Finance Analyst for a very successful and instantly recognisable retail business based in Manchester. The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business.
You will be part of the investment and project appraisal team who are responsible for evaluating and supporting all major business proposals in getting the best use from the business capital. You will also appraise all strategic investment decisions including new stores, refits, relocations acquisitions and disposals.
You will partner closely with senior stakeholders across the business and within the retail operations providing meaningful insight. You will be tasked to provide and develop robust commercial information for the business and business partners, ranging from complex modelling to performance reporting that will drive the business direction and decisions.
- evaluate capital investment and strategic projects
- support the finance business partner to develop high quality business cases
- use your insight and challenge to suggest the best use of our capital
- work across multiple cost saving and returns projects
- carry out investment appraisals for new store openings
- communicate key insights to the appraisal manager
- source and check property appraisal assumptions
- support with the capital investment programme
- build relationships and work collaboratively with partners across the business
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who is making their first move from practice (top4) or coming from a commercial / financial analysis role with the ability to conduct financial modelling.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to build robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.