Excellent opportunity to join a European market leader in a newly created role of Commercial Finance Analyst. The business is a truly market leader operating in a Niche market with UK turnover in the region of £600m.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager you will be responsible for the forecasting and reporting of income within the UK group. Required to link in with managers across the organisation to ensure there is clear visibility and understanding of incomes expectations. Will be required to understand the relationships between operational activity and income generated and use this to help the business make well informed decisions.
* Assist the Commercial Finance Manager in the financial planning of the organisation, ensuring robust approach is taken for both annual budgeting and forecasting, supporting and challenging the business where appropriate
* Develop robust rolling forecast model for income to better facilitate cost/profit analysis in the organisation.
* Track income per product of the business linking with cost analyst to understand the profitability of individual clients/portfolios.
* Support the Commercial Finance Manager in analysing the performance of existing Company products or services and make recommendations to maximise profits /revenue streams, this will include analysis on specific services to drive the whole business forward
* Review for automation and efficiency improvements, proposing changes for implementation
* Assist in the formulation of financial models for strategic and long term business plans
* Assist in the evaluation of new business/project opportunities utilising agreed methodologies for determining appropriateness to proceed
* Implement appropriate financial controls and structures to enable well-informed business decisions.
* Track and analyse sales performance against targets and highlight any variances, forecasting future profits and modelling financials for new products and services.
* Facilitate a financial risk management process and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on company business operations, initiatives, projects, and objectives.
* Responsible for own development and for sharing best practices with colleagues.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Qualified Accountant (although part qualified applicants will be considered) and it is advantageous to have worked in a highly regulated environment. Other key experiences are:
* Ability to relate business numbers to operational targets and client profitability
* Able to package data in an easily accessible format, simplifying data and making reporting systems relevant.
* Natural problem solver with a desire to add real value in the growth of the business.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
* Excellent analytical and attention to detail skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
* Commercially aware with sound business acumen
You will receive an excellent basic salary plus Bonus, Pension, Healthcare and free parking to name a few. For more information or If you would like to apply for this role or please apply online or contact Martin Parr at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.