Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £55000 per annum
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Commercial Finance Manager for a very successful and instantly recognisable business based in Manchester.
The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business.
Reporting into the Senior Commercial Finance Manager, you will play a key role in providing clear, robust and meaningful commercial information to the business and business partners, with a focus on value-add analysis which drives actions and decisions across the business.
- Through focused analysis, this role establishes the underlying drivers of business performance and makes recommendations on critical planning assumptions, which have full engagement with business owners and finance business partners.
- Identify key trends and issues, co-ordinates analysis across the team in order to support senior management and Exec to make informed decisions that improve business performance.
- Provides value-adding analysis that highlights areas of both business weakness and opportunity, with focus on insight for action.
- Provide appropriate challenge and influence to stakeholders to ensure they make well informed decisions that improve business performance.
- Build strong relationships & demonstrate your credibility when dealing with various internal business partners across all levels in finance and the executive teams.
To get going quickly in this role, you will need to have significant experience as a qualified accountant, with previous experience in delivering robust analysis / insights or financial modelling and how you've provided key insights that delivered results. So that you're able to fully understand the complexity of this business, you will ideally have great experience from a large, multi-site organisation.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who has strong experience in both large retail, multisite, leisure or FMCG industry.
You will have experience of delivering robust analysis / insights or financial modelling, so having a strong working knowledge of analytical methods, practices and techniques, including hypothesis framework approach (experience of Micro-Strategy, Profit Drivers, Value Drivers, APT Test and Learn) to answering questions in a large, complex business and who is resilient and comfortable challenging and engaging internal business partners would be useful.
You will have to show experience of having owned key projects, managing and delivering them and be able to provide evidence of building meaningful relationships with a variety of different stakeholders at all levels, as you will be challenging the status quo.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to build robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.