£70000 - £80000 per annum
11 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Commercial Finance Manager come Business Partner for a very successful and instantly recognisable retail business based in Scunthorpe.
The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business. This is a great opportunity for you to gain fantastic exposure and make a real impact on the way the business is run.
Roles at this level will provide expertise and advice to the organisation, senior management and operational teams to improve the performance, in this case for driving change and end to end thinking across the business. You will be expected to work autonomously and expected to direct, challenge and influence to maximise profitability.
This pivotal role provides commercial support to several critical areas of the business - with an overall remit to drive commercial and financial awareness throughout the organisation. You will be tasked to support the business in implementing news ways of working that will help to drive value and improve business performance. You will partner with various stakeholders throughout the business, including commercial, retail, and logistics, transforming current thought processes and embedding a more strategic approach to growing sales, managing costs and increasing profitability. This role requires you to be extremely robust and you must want to develop and grow within your career.
General duties include:
- implementing new tools into the Finance function that will drive new capabilities, including cost-to-serve and test & learn
- act as a consultant to the business; looking for opportunities to drive efficiencies and improve processes
- work with the business to encourage a more strategical way of thinking when it comes to saving on costs
- work across multiple cost-saving projects and programmes; looking at where the business can add value, cut out unnecessary costs, working out how much can be saved through implementing efficiencies
- analyse and gather data to back up proposals and make sure potential changes and improvements don't cause problems elsewhere in the P&L
- create solid and engaging business cases; presenting up to senior leaders to influence key decisions
- build meaningful relationships and work closely with senior leaders and colleagues across finance, commercial and the wider business
- voice your opinion - and be prepared to influence and challenge when necessary and motivate the wider commercial finance team to develop and engage their own capability
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who comes from a similar commercial finance, project and/or business partnering background ideally within the retail, wholesale, multisite, leisure or FMCG industry.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to understand business strategy, identify and interpret financial trends yet have the ability to simplify complex information. You will enjoy building robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
You will have strong business partnering, driving and delivering cost efficiencies, stakeholder management, communication and presentation skills and in particular the ability to engage with and influence with senior level individuals. Focussed on delivering specific objectives, you will be proactive, dynamic and self-motivated with a desire to find and deliver improvements. In addition you will have the ability to work independently and together with other personnel both finance and non-finance.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.