Commercial Lawyer Central Government
City of London, London
£26 - £35 per hour + Flexible Working Arrangements
0203 997 9255
Commercial Lawyer - Central Government
Locum Contract - Full time
£26-35 per Hour
A Commercial Lawyer is required to join the Central Government team to provide high quality and cost effective Commercial Law services. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Commercial Lawyer to join their Government team on an initial 6 month contract which is likely to be extended.
As a Commercial Lawyer, you will be complying with broad range of varied case work activities, particularly in relation to commercial, contracts and procurement matters, complying with policies, standards, procedures and service level agreements. You will be expected to work on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Lawyer
- Deal with complex and non-routine cases exercising appropriate levels of delegation and risk management.
- Provide a legal service that addresses client needs from outset of each case through to case completion.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients demonstrating an understanding of commercial, political and policy context including effective use of the relevant client care system.
- Working in procurement law, for example framework agreements and contracts.
- Working with litigators as part of a team on high value contract disputes.
Required Skills and experience of the Commercial Lawyer
- Qualified legal professional (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2 years PQE.
- Sound understanding of public, procurement and commercial law
- Proactively manage risks and identify solutions
- Commercial and procurement experience
- An understanding of the role of lawyers in Government
What is on offer for the Commercial Lawyer?
- £50,000 - £55,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
- Long term contract lengths
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 6 month contract as a Commercial Lawyer.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Commercial Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Zanub Najmi at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.