City of London, London
£215 - £290 per day + flexible working arrangements
12 months ago
Commercial Litigation Lawyer
6 Month Contract - Full-time
£215 - £290pd
London - Remote Working
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Litigation Lawyer to join Central Government on a 6 month contract. This role offers flexibility and high quality work within a busy Central Government team. As a government Commercial Litigation Lawyer, the successful candidate will come from a litigation background and have experience in large scale trial preparations and witness statement preparation.
The successful candidate for the Commercial Litigation Lawyer role will:
- Have litigation experience
- Have UK public sector experience (desirable)
- Be familiar with large scale trial preparations
- Be familiar with disclosure
- Be familiar with witness statement preparation
- Be able to work within a team and at pace
The main duties of the Commercial Litigation Lawyer will be:
- Providing support to legal team and key shareholder teams on a variety of litigation issues
- Taking a leading role in the organisation's response to a public inquiry process
- Leading document review and disclosure exercise, preparing responses to Inquiry submissions and preparing witness statements
- Liaising and co-ordinating the work of external lawyer and Counsel and oversight of legal spend
- Supervising a paralegal
- Other adhoc litigation support to assist shareholder teams grappling with complex litigation matters mount constructive challenge and oversight.
- Conduct legal research and provide other ad hoc support to UKGI legal team
The ideal candidate for a Commercial Litigation Lawyer role will:
- Be a fully qualified Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 4 years PQE
- Central London location
- Central Government Department
- Supportive teams and excellent working environment
- Quality cases and work
- Remote working followed by flexible working arrangements
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Xiomara Cabello in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.