City of London, London
£36 - £48 per hour + Flexible Working Arrangements
9 days ago
12 months +
Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Remote Working - WFH (then Hybrid working in future)
12 month contract (potential extension)
A Commercial Litigation Lawyer is required to join a Central Government team to provide high quality and cost effective litigation services. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Commercial Litigation Lawyer to join their Government team on an initial 12 month contract with likelihood of extension.
As a Commercial Litigation Lawyer, you will play a key role in the Legal team and will be expected to lead and be responsible for providing advice in all commercial disputes cases. You will be expected to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders with a view to obtaining the best possible outcome for the Department.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Litigation Lawyer:
- Need to be comfortable working at pace;
- Be expected to demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills;
- Will be expected to work responsively, creatively and be solutions-driven and be able to see the bigger picture.
Essential skills of the Commercial Litigation Lawyer:
- Significant and strong skills in handling commercial disputes caseload is essential.
- Dispute resolution experience is essential.
- Reliable legal judgement, analysis and appreciation of legal risk and the confidence to give persuasive and balanced risk-based advice.
- Solutions-orientated with a commercial focus and be able to think strategically and creatively and see legal issues in their wider context and advise accordingly in an agile way and be able to work at pace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate confidently and sensitively with those who may be unfamiliar with legal processes/strategies.
- Experience of managing instructions to external law firms.
- Expreience with large scale trial preparation
- Alternative dispute resolution experience
What is on offer for the Commercial Litigation Lawyer?
- £69,000 - £74,000 Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements - remote working
- Long lasting contract lengths
- Access to Unique Government Work
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 12 month contract as a Commercial Litigation Lawyer. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Xiomara Cabello at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.