Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£35000 - £45000 per annum
9 months ago
A well know FMCG business situated on the outskirts of Northumberland, they are currently recruiting for a Commercial Management Accountant on a Perm basis.
Reporting into the Head of Finance within a team of five, and working closely with the UK and Export sales, marketing and the rest of the finance team, the ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and an ACCA/CIMA/ACA finance professional.
Ideally, you will have 3 years post qualified experience producing a full set of monthly management accounts and producing commercially orientated reports that detail the financial performance of the business. You must have excellent communication skills to explain the interpreted results of reports produced to non-finance colleagues. You must be an intermediate/advanced Excel user and have a good understanding of how a business ERP system is integrated into a business.
The role also has supervisory requirements overseeing credit control and some administrative finance duties. The ideal person should be hands on and proactive in their approach to identifying areas for improvement. This is an exciting time to join a brand that has gone from strength to strength.
There are two aspects to the role and can be summarised with the key duties/responsibilities attached to each one: -
- Support budget process in conjunction with sales, marketing and finance
- Management of relevant weekly and monthly revenue forecast cycle and understand associated risks and opportunities.
- Manage customer and product profitability versus plans and understanding of deviations
- Be a key financial partner to the Sales and Marketing Teams, providing explanations of variances vs. budget and LY and promoting insightful discussion on financial performance
- Provide pricing support, working with key stakeholders on financial projects that may cover commercial model building, innovation projects and the sales and operational planning (S&OP) process.
- Ad Hoc Analysis as requested by business partners
- Management of credit control and admin finance
- Develop financial policy around revenue reporting
- Improve utilisation of Netsuite (ERP system) within the order to cash process
- Input into month end close activities in collaboration with the rest of finance team and ensure close is accurate and understood
- Maintenance of appropriate commercial controls over sales and marketing spending
- Development relevant margin reporting and performance
- Control on promotion and costs, management and control on accruals and trading performance against promotions.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.