East Anglia, England
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership is seeking a Commercial Property Lawyer to join a local authority based in the East Anglia on a locum basis for an initial period of 3 months with the view for extension thereafter.
As a Commercial Property Lawyer, you will be providing high quality legal advice on a range of property matters, as well as drafting and negotiating appropriate documentation.
The client is happy to consider flexible working arrangement the successful Commercial Property Lawyer, should candidates wish to work around other commitments.
Rresponsibilites of a Commercial Property Lawyer:
- To provide property legal advice and assistance to client departments on a wide range of property issues, including acquisitions, disposals, development agreements and leases.
- To develop skills in negotiating and settling documentation with third parties/their solicitors
- To investigate and advise on the implications of changing legislation, case law, codes of practice and policy and ensure that the decisions made by the client departments are within the legal boundaries and achieve their aims and objectives and accord with County Council policy.
- To give presentations and training or assist the Principal Lawyer (Property) in providing presentations/training on legal issues as necessary and assist with the development of legal practice and procedure.
- To make recommendations to the Principal Lawyer (Property) as to improvements in practice and procedure in the team to ensure that it retains pre-eminence in its practice area.
- To assist the Principal Lawyer (Property) on specific projects and working groups as required.
- To provide such emergency out of hours advice provision as required by client departments and/or the Principal Lawyer (Property) /Head of Commercial & Property Law.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.