Durham, County Durham
about 2 months ago
Commercial Services Manager
Commercial Services Manager required to join a public sector organisation in Durham. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Commercial Services Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
As the Commercial Services Manager you will be playing a key role in the successful delivery of the Asset Investment Plan evaluating all levels of commercial risk to maximise the benefits.
Key responsibilities of the Commercial Services Manager:
- Lead on commercial management associated with Asset Investment programmes and co-ordinate resources associated with providing good accounting and budget management
- Accountable for financial forecasts for Internal direct works teams', contractors', and partners' expenditure over the duration of projects
- Providing support for financial planning, forecasting and budget controls
- Providing a commercial appraisal report to the Senior Management Team on a monthly basis
- Act as a source of professional expertise for colleagues across the Investment team on commercial management matters
- Lead on contract procurement, management and performance across the Asset Investment team and support Group Procurement through various frameworks that support business requirements
- Undertake feasibility studies, investigations, scope and prepare cost plans and estimates to inform high level decision making regarding commercial and development opportunities
- Produce and maintain accurate and competitive tenders, contract specifications, bills of quantities, written estimates, interim valuations and resource schedules for all in-house investment and cyclical works
Required skills and experience of the Commercial Services Manager:
- Knowledge of NEC3 or NEC4 framework experience is preferable together with a solid understanding of JCT forms of contract and Alliance/Partnering and collaborative Contract Management
- Demonstrable experience of management of large budgets, controlling expenditure and a good understanding of value for money principles
- Demonstrable knowledge of commercial management in both public and private sectors
- Up to date knowledge of construction materials and ability to use such knowledge to support development and innovation
- Knowledge and awareness of legislation that is relevant to the construction industry
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Commercial Services Manager role, please apply now, or contact Lucie Houston at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.