Manchester, Greater Manchester
£200 - £225 per day
6 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been engaged to recruit an interim Communications Officer, for a not for profit client, based in Manchester. This role will play an active role in the creative communications function, supporting all external communications, whilst implementing communications strategies and plans to ensure the organisation meets its core objectives.
Key responsibilities of the Communications Officer:
- Respond to requests from various stakeholders, providing specialist advice in order to deliver the information and/or understanding they require.
- Review and interpret information and advise internal customers of appropriate action to fulfil procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor systems, processes and practices within area of specialism, plan and carry out regular reviews to identify opportunities for improvement in light of changing needs, feedback and/or current best practice thinking.
- Communicate with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders on area of specialism to ensure they have the specialist information that they need.
- Provide professional and effective media relations and communications, including organising and managing media and events when required, responding to media enquiries and providing appropriate responses including news releases as required.
- Maximise positive media coverage and positive feedback from stakeholder groups by seeking out opportunities to promote TfN activities.
- Support members and colleagues during media activity and/or events such as interviews, press conferences, exhibitions and roadshows as required.
Required skills and experience of the Communications Officer:
- Significant experience of working in a multi-channel communications role.
- Knowledge of current communications methods and trends, including social media and internal communications.
- Experience of devising and delivering communications campaigns to support key organisational priorities.
- Ability to communicate/present complex information concisely and to a non-technical audience.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Communications Officer role, please apply now.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.