Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently working with a large public sector organisation based in Newcastle City Centre, who are looking for a Trust Secretary to join the business on a temporary basis until January 2022.
A key appointment of the Trust's Board of Directors, the role of Trust Secretary is responsible for management of corporate governance, admin and legislative compliance, and advising the Board of Directors.
The Trust Secretary will be expected to have broad knowledge across many areas and specialist knowledge across the following subject areas: corporate law; corporate governance; risk management and internal control; company secretarial practice and corporate administration. The Trust Secretary will provide support and advice to the Directors (Executive and Non-Executive) and Council of Governors.
The Trust Secretary is accountable to both the Chairman and the Chief Executive, reporting to the Chief Executive. The post holder will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the highest levels of corporate governance such as organising the Trust Board and Trust Board development sessions.
* Chartered Company Secretary (ICSA) or Company Lawyer (Qualifying Law Degree (LLB)) or Financial Accountant required or must be working towards
* Educated to minimum of Masters level or equivalent management qualification
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Comprehensive understanding of the NHS and its infrastructure
* Detailed appreciation of the role of NHS Foundation Trusts and their regulation
* Understanding of the roles and relationships between the Trust Chairman, Chief Executive, Executive and Non-Executive Directors
* Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to Foundation Trust status
* Experience of line management of staff
* Well-developed political awareness and ability to think strategically
* Highly developed interpersonal and facilitation skills with ability to gain and sustain credibility with Board of Directors
* Ability to present well-reasoned and structured argument orally and in writing
If you are interested in this position please apply or contact Jo Sellick at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.