Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £70000 per annum
0113 243 9775
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Construction Lawyer to join a highly reputable global Top 100 Law firm within Leeds due to growth in client instruction. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Construction Lawyer well versed in contentious construction to join a dedicated, specialist team.
About The Role
The successful Construction Lawyer will have the following responsibilities and duties:
- Providing a full range of dispute resolution and transactional advice to a wide range of clients including: central government departments, household name retailers, utility providers, Tier 1 and other large contractors and developers, housebuilders and social housing providers, universities and educational establishments, defence contractors, banks and insolvency practitioners.
- Advising disputes in defending and bringing claims for delay disruption, loss and expense, defective workmanship materials and design to the Technology and Construction Court (TCC)
- Advising clients in relation to adjudications, arbitrations all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and insurance related issues
The ideal Construction Lawyer applicant will have the following attributes:
- Ideally, 4 - 6 years' PQE
- Strong academic ability with a thorough approach to complex legal analysis
- Professional and confident written and verbal communication with a level of commerciality to enable you to address the client's objectives
- An ability to work alongside a range of colleagues across locations
In return, the firm are willing to offer a supportive open culture in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing for this Construction Lawyer role. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Simon Cartwright in our Leeds office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.