Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £70000 per annum
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be recruiting for a Construction Lawyer to join a highly accredited Legal 500 firm in Leeds. They are known for their excellent client service and technical ability, garnering them a long established positive reputation within their area. This would be the perfect opportunity for an experience Construction Lawyer who has dealt with both transactional and contentious construction work and is looking for the next step in their career.
About The Role
The successful Construction Lawyer, will have experience of the following duties:
- Advising on, drafting and reviewing standard form contracts (JCT, NEC, FIDIC) and professional team appointments
- Advising on and liaising with commercial property colleagues on property documentation that need construction input
- Carrying out due diligence and advising on construction documentation for bank related transactions
- Advising clients on potential disputes during a construction project
- Drafting documentation and acting on behalf of clients in adjudications, arbitrations and TCC cases; including attending at adjudication, arbitration and Court hearings with the client
- Research and analyse documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments
- Attending meetings and negotiations with opposing parties
- Business Development including: attending and assisting in firm and construction marketing events, writing construction blogs and articles and assisting in managing client relationships
The ideal Construction Lawyer applicant will have the following attributes:
- Ideally, 4 - 6 years PQE
- Professional and articulate to communicate and build relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent client management skills
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining exceptional levels of client service
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing for this Construction Lawyer role. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Simon Cartwright in our Leeds office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.