£40233 - £44242 per annum
11 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Litigation Solicitor / Legal Executive/ Barrister
Up to £40,242 + £3,000 market supplement and £1,000 car allowance
A Contentious Solicitor is required to join a Kent based local authority on a permanent basis.
As a Contentious Solicitor you will undertake an extensive legal caseload of reasonably complex related work as a member of the shared legal services Contentious team providing legal advice services to elected members, including committees and to senior managers and staff across the 3 Councils.
You will appear on behalf of the local authorities and any other Council customers at the Magistrates Court, County Court, Tribunals and Inquiries as required and to instruct Counsel in Higher Court Matters.
As a Contentious Solicitor you will deal with a range of Civil and Criminal Litigation matters. Criminal cases will include planning enforcement, environmental and ASB prosecutions with occasional forays into less common areas such as Health and Safety.
Civil litigation includes dealing with complaints in the Magistrates Court both as claimant (G&T Orders, food hygiene orders etc.) and respondent, (appeals against notices) , as well as debt recovery/possessions as claimant and defending the Council from claims in the County Court and Judicial Reviews, mainly planning based in the High Court.
Other required skills and experience of a Contentious Solicitor:
- Qualified solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive
- Post qualification legal practice experience in the field of Contentious law, including court and Inquiry procedures
- Experience of advising at committees and member briefings on all aspects of contentious law & procedures
- A track record of providing legal advice and support to senior leaders and key decision-makers at the highest levels in the subject area of contentious law and practice
- Experience of operating in politically sensitive environments and able to demonstrate a good degree of political nous
Benefits of the role:
- Flexible working- condensed hour week and remote working options
- Excellent annual leave
- Local Government pension scheme
- Low interest car loan scheme
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Amy Swain at Sellick Partnership on 0161 513 0886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.