£40000 - £43000 per annum
7 months ago
We are currently working with a Reading based client, who are both Chambers and Legal 500 recognised, and are looking to hire an NQ or Junior Contentious Probate Solicitor. This would be the perfect opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual to progress their career by joining their highly regarded Will Disputes and Contentious Probate team.
About The Role
The successful Contentious Probate Solicitor will be engaged in the following duties:
- Working with colleagues on large cases with the support and supervision of the Head of the Contentious Probate team.
- Handling a caseload of a full range of contentious probate matters including: Inheritance Act claim cases, testamentary capacity claims, executor/administrator disputes (including removal of executor applications), estate administration disputes, Court of Protection disputes as well as the various types of trust disputes.
- Collaborating on work with colleagues within both the contentious and non-contentious teams.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients.
The ideal Contentious Probate Solicitor will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, have some experience of contentious probate work during your training contract or early career. (However, applications from all general litigation solicitor backgrounds are welcome).
- A genuine interest in specialising within this area of law.
- Strong verbal and written communication when engaging with both colleagues and clients.
- A keen eye for detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to engage in personal and professional development.
In exchange, the firm are willing to offer a competitive salary as well as the opportunity for hybrid working.
If you believe that you have the necessary qualifications for this fantastic Contentious Probate Solicitor opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply within. For more information, please contact Faith Kelly at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.