Contracts & Commercial Manager
£42280 - £44860 per annum + 27 days holiday, pension, CIPS support
A Public Sector organisation in Stevenage are seeking a Contracts and Commercial Manager on a permanent basis to work with their Repairs and Maintenance division. This is a crucial role in the organisation, and gives the successful applicant the chance to work for a reputable and growing Public Sector organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Contracts and Commercial Manager:
- Undertake commercial management of sub contracts and suppliers ensuring value for money
- Undertake an audit of all existing contracted arrangements; providing written reports and recommendations for improving performance
- Purchase and manage the materials and plant hire supply chains and suppliers, ensuring all products items are booked to relevant activities and undertaking value assessments
- Reduce maverick spend to a minimum, challenge and report on any unusual spend activities to senior management.
- To undertake effective contract management arrangements (15 suppliers, approx. £1.5m per annum)
- Lead on cost modelling, forecasting, implementation and reviewing
- Undertake annual assessment of value for money (VFM) for supply contracts and keep the procurement pipeline updated on behalf of R&M
- Management of a small Project Team
The successful Contracts and Commercial Manager will:
- Have proven senior Public Sector procurement experience
- Be qualified to CIPS/MCIPS
- Have substantial knowledge and experience of procurement policy and practice, including relevant legislations (OJEU, JCT, etc)
- Have proven experience in managing a competitive tendering process
- Have experience in development and implementation of plans
- Have an awareness and understanding of the whole life cycle of procurement, contract and relationship management
- Have excellent negotiation skills
On offer for the successful candidate:
- Salary between £42,000 to £44,500
- Local Government Pensions Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Job share / part-time opportunities
This role is a fantastic challenge for the right candidate and offers both competitive rates as well as longevity. You will be joining the organisation at a crucial time and play a key role in their continued growth and success.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.