£35745 - £42822 per annum + flexible working
5 months ago
Contracts and Procurement Lawyer
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting to an experienced commercial contracts and projects lawyer on behalf of a busy local authority's shared legal service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking and flexible legal service where you will provide expert legal advice on a wide range of commercial agreements and project work alongside advising on public procurement.
- Provision of expert legal advice to members, officers and committees on relevant aspects of the law arising from the discharge of the councils' functions.
- Delivering innovative solutions to the councils' legal problems with minimal supervision
- Representation of Legal Services at both internal and external meetings when required.
- Briefings and training to other council departments on and in respect of legal topics relevant to the post holder's practice area.
- Promotion of methods of improving the efficiency and processes of Legal Services
- Solicitor or practising barrister, ideally with a minimum of 3 years PQE
- Previous experience and a good working knowledge of contract law and EU procurement law
- Previous local authority experience is desirable, however, candidates with relevant private sector experience are also encouraged to apply.
The client is able to offer a high degree of flexibility in relation to remote working; this is genuinely an employer who encourages a healthy work/life balance. The client will consider a mostly remote working role or a hybrid arrangement depending on candidate preference.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for the positon of Contracts and Procurement Lawyer, please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester office for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.