£35 - £40 per hour
over 1 year ago
A Contracts and Procurement Lawyer is required to join a well-regarded Local Authority based in London for an initial 12 month period.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Contracts and Procurement Lawyer to gain exposure to public sector contracts. This is a very interesting and varied role and you will be drafting, amending and negotiating a wide variety of contracts.
As a Contracts and Procurement Lawyer, you will be responsible for;
- Managing a caseload of complex contract and procurement matters consisting of services and works contracts
- Drafting contract clauses
- Negotiating with third parties
- Advising on State Aid and Grant agreements
- Working with the team to share knowledge and improve processes and practices
- Building on client relationships across the Council
Required skills and experience of the Contracts and Procurement Lawyer
- The ideal Contracts and Procurement Lawyer will have experience of working in a similar role within the public sector, however this is not essential providing that an excellent understanding of public sector contracts and procurement is held
- A good working knowledge of the procurement process is absolutely essential
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy and take initiative
- Ability to think independently, research and apply principles to client matters
- Strong client care skills
- Commercially minded with the ability to give good quality advice in a manner which is easily understood by clients
This local authority is easy to reach, situated within walking distance from main transport links, making it easily accessible by public transport. The organisation are happy to accommodate the successful candidate with some flexibility around working hours if required.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Contracts and Procurement Lawyer role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Kemi Awodiji at email@example.com. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.