South East England, England
£31346 - £35745 per annum + 31 days holiday, local government pension
2 months ago
Contracts and Property Lawyer
Salary £31,346 - £35,745 per annum
A progressive Local Authority located in the heart of a bustling town steeped in local history is currently recruiting a solicitor or legal executive to join the commercial team and be responsible for a varied caseload of contracts and property matters.
Applying applicants will be able to demonstrate a sound commercial approach to delivering a high class legal service, alongside having excellent communication skills, flexibility and the ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines.
In return, you will be joining an inclusive and supportive legal team who look to develop talent, encourage innovation and offer a flexible working environment.
- Construction and regeneration contracts
- Commercial contracts
- Ensuring adherence to all local authority processes, statutory duties and procurement rules
- Asset Management contracts
- Providing general commercial contracts advice
- Monitoring existing contracts and service agreements and reviewing compliance
- Advice to Members and senior officers of the Council
- Develop policies and business practices within the team to improve performance and outcomes for the Council
- To support the Council in its land investment ambitions and Council priorities
- Provide legal advice and assistance to Members and Officers from all divisions of the Council, on legal documents principally relating to, the acquisition and disposal of land, residential and commercial land transactions and leases and general landlord and tenant work
- To undertake a mixed caseload including, deduction of titles, drafting the appropriate documents required for land transactions, contracts and agreements
- To give effect to the policies and decisions of the Council
- To provide legal advice to the Council's Members and officer departments as appropriate
- To maintain a knowledge and awareness of developments in relevant areas of law
- To maintain good working relationships with other members of the team, managers and officers in other departments of the Council and the Members
- To maintain good relations with the public and other bodies within the wider community as far as is practicable in line with the requirements of the post
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 31 days annual leave (depending on grade and length of services) Plus eight public holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. Free and confidential services available to staff
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work
If you are interested in the position of Contracts and Property Lawyer please apply now or contact Natalie Ferguson in our Manchester Office for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.