Contracts Government Officer
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£24907 - £25907 per annum
0113 243 9775
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to a Contracts Governance Officer on behalf of an NHs organisation based within Greater Manchester. The post holder will provide a full administrative service to support the management and delivery of contracts that they have in place with their providers. You will be providing operational support to meetings, including the preparation of agendas, minutes and taking appropriate follow up action. You will be providing support to the contracts team, taking forward actions and resolving issues between meetings. You will be overseeing a library of contracts and correspondence between providers
Key responsibilities of the Contract Governance Officer role:
- Manage routine business correspondence.
- Minute taking, review and distribution of minutes and action points.
- Follow up ensuring actions are delivered to agreed deadlines.
- Assist in the development and construction of robust contracts and documentation in line with national guidance.
- Support the production of contract variations and updating the contract documentation.
- Maintain local document management systems, including the contract database and contribute to the re-design of administrative processes
- Communicating with a range of health organisation's and other stakeholders regarding meetings, including drafting up agendas, parking, arranging equipment, communicating regarding the purpose of the meeting, ensuring attendees time is used purposefully
- Reference point for all correspondence in relation to the contract portfolio.
- Responsible for taking minutes at contract meetings and ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring that the contract database is kept up to date
- To record and maintain the agreed contract values and any variations within the Contract database.
- Ensure contract values and in-year variations are reconciled to budgets and financial ledger and maintained in line with the Standing Financial Instructions and contract governance.
- Report and use its financial resources in an effective and efficient manner, and which facilitates the achievement of the finance department's objectives and statutory duties.
Required skills and experience of the Contracts Government Officer role:
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Evidence of servicing information or finance requirements in a complex environment
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of specialised IT systems, e.g. Oracle
- Knowledge of NHS Contract Guidance.
- Working in the NHS in a similar role with experience in contracting in a commissioning setting
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.