£35 - £40 per hour
9 months ago
3 Months +
A Contracts and Procurement Lawyer is required to join a well-regarded Local Authority based in London on an initial contract basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Contracts and Procurement Lawyer to gain exposure to public sector contracts. This is a very interesting and varied role and you will be drafting, amending and negotiating a wide variety of contracts.
As a Contracts and Procurement Lawyer, you will be responsible for;
- Managing a caseload of complex contract and procurement matters consisting of services and works contracts
- Drafting contract clauses
- Negotiating with third parties
- Advising on State Aid and Grant agreements
- Working with the team to share knowledge and improve processes and practices
- Building on client relationships across the Council
About the candidate
- The ideal Contracts and Procurement Lawyer will have experience of working in a similar role within the public sector, however this is not essential providing that an excellent understanding of public sector contracts and procurement is held
- A good working knowledge of the procurement process is absolutely essential
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy and to take initiative
- Ability to think independently, research and apply principles to client matters
- Strong client care skills
- Commercially minded with the ability to give good quality advice in a manner which is easily understood by clients
- Flexibility with working hours and remote working
- Extensive IT systems
- Excellent office location, a stone's throw away from public transport links
- Friendly and supportive team
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Rayhaneh Tehrani in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.