Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting a Controls Project Accountant for an instantly recognisable business based in the North West. The organisation that we're representing are currently going through an extensive transformation programme and are looking for additional resources for their project team. The organisation are currently in the midst of an ambitious 5 year growth plan and are heavily reliant on this change / transformation programme to give them the ability to facilitate this growth.
Reporting directly into the one of the Programme Managers the Controls Project Accountant will specialise in the following areas:
- Design and test financial reporting controls
- Implement SOX / Controls framework across the programme
- Writing control test scripts
- Apply and implement a more efficient SOX framework across critical areas of the project
- Conduct regular controls assessments across the programme
- Liaise with finance & non finance stakeholders regarding the current and improved controls framework
- Challenge the business re the current controls processes
Candidates wishing to apply for the Controls Project Accountant will be a CCAB qualified accountant and have a strong controls and SOX background ideally within a financial services environment. The interim will be able to demonstrate the ability to roll out an improved framework across an already complex programme and achieve the desired results. The ability to liaise with a range of finance & non finance stakeholders and make a complex framework seem simple is the key to this role. Highly developed SOX and controls testing experience within a regulated environment is essential for any candidate applying for this role.