£45 - £50 per hour
12 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting for a Corporate Governance Lawyer to join a well-respected Borough Council within East London. Our client is seeking a lawyer to assist with matters whilst they focus on rewriting the constitution.
As a Corporate Governance Lawyer your areas of duties will include:
- Supporting and assisting the Monitoring Officer where required on general governance matters
- Deputising for the Monitoring Officer where required
- Advice on corporate governance issues
- Attendance at committee where required or to cover where the Monitoring Officer cannot attend
- Advice and support for officers responding to FOI queries and Subject Access Requests (SARs)
- To assist the Data Protection Officer in relation to advice on Information Governance (Data Protection)
- Policies, processes and procedures, or queries from residents, officers, ICO or LGO.
- Co-ordinating advice re RIPA matters including maintenance of register, and legal advice support and training
- Assistance with Member complaint matters, Whistleblowing matters and formal complaints
- Assist where necessary, working with the Council's Contracts Solicitor or Planning and Licensing Solicitor, on other compliance issues and/or contract and procurement compliance advice issues
- Assist in managing and engaging with external solicitors or barristers, including provision of instructions and review of invoices for payment
This position offers a level of flexibility, with up to 2 days working from home.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Chelsey Newsom in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.