County Durham, England
£32000 - £37000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Corporate Procurement Officer to join a leading local authority in the County Durham area.
The Corporate Procurement Officer will provide professional procurement resource to support and advise external and internal stakeholders and to assist in the delivery of the authorities objectives.
- Managing major procurement spend/projects.
- Delivery of service improvements, cost reduction, value for money improvements.
- Involvement in the development of corporate procurement initiatives or systems.
- Development, implementation and operation of procurement strategy, policies, systems, processes, toolkits across an organisation.
- Development of e-Procurement or e-Purchasing tools, systems and procedures
- Leading and managing negotiations and contracts with suppliers and supplier relationships.
- Managing major procurement spend/projects in the public sector.
- Implementing sustainable procurement practices.
- Legislative framework related to public procurement.
- Latest best practice procurement and e-procurement methodologies, processes, systems.
- Good procurement, negotiation, strategic sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and Contract Law.
- MCIPS, part qualified to to diploma level 4 or advanced level 5 or qualified to degree level with appropriate experinece
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply below with your CV or contact Adam Burgess for a confidential conversation.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.