Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Corporate Reporting Accountant for a very successful and fast-growing service company based in South Manchester. Due to an internal promotion we are looking for an ambitious first or second time mover from practice or someone coming from a similar accounting background.
Responsible for supporting the Corporate Reporting Manager, with particular emphasis on Group reporting, the statutory audit as well as the corporation tax requirements of the Group.
A full job specification is available on request but general duties will include:-
- Support the Corporate Reporting Manager to deliver all reports and returns as necessary, to ensure the business operates within the legal, statutory and regulatory requirement of the markets in which it operates. This includes the year end and half year financial audits, preparation of both consolidated and separate statutory accounts for all Group companies and working with tax advisors in the preparation and filing of annual tax computations.
- Produce monthly and weekly reports to management, the board, and external parties as required. Reports should be accurate, well-presented and timely, with meaningful commentary.
- Prepare the group consolidated profit and loss and balance sheet on a monthly basis, ensuring all eliminations are accurately reflected.
- Attend balance sheet reviews as agreed within the team. Consider any potential impact on Group results and escalate where necessary.
- Build strong relationships with the group finance team and the wider management group and assist the Corporate Reporting Manager with other project work as necessary.
- Being the trusted expert on all financial aspects and to be ready to be called on as required by both finance colleagues and the wider business.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a first rate academic record making your first/second move from practice (Top10) or coming from a similar role within commerce and industry.
You will be a team player with an inquisitive and challenging approach, an exceptional analytical ability and a willingness to take ownership. A strong communicator who possess an ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business. A leader with experience of developing junior team members.
While not a pre-requisite to have both, we would be particularly interested to hear from you if you have experience audit and corporation tax.
This role requires an ambitious proactive individual who has eexcellent technical accounting knowledge with strong interpersonal, communication, numerical and analytical skills.
You will have the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external finance/non finance stakeholders. You will be highly IT literate, especially on Excel and have accuracy and attention to detail.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.