Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£30000 - £33000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cost Accountant to join a dynamic and entrepreneurial and growing world class business.
The post holder will give support to ensure accurate and timely provision of cost information, through the maintenance of the costing databases and the calculation of product costs. In addition to producing other financial reports to support business decisions and report on stock valuation.
The ideal Cost Accountant will have:
- At least 3 years in Accounting
- Ideally part qualified or fully qualified
The Daily duties of the Cost Account will consist of but not be limited to:
- Using the Costing Systems and other information to produce product costs in line with accepted Cost & Management Accounting principles
- Creating and maintaining systems to calculate product costs for manufactured and sourced products
- Maintenance of the database of sourced product purchases and using the information to provide the basis for annual production of standard costs
- Be responsible for the calculation, reporting of, and interpretation of stock valuations in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Supporting the senior management and sales teams with cost and margin analysis of new products and promotional activity
- Responsible for the weekly analysis of stocks and production data for inclusion within Company business indicator information
- Provide senior management with analysis of Perpetual Inventory information and advise on the necessary steps to be taken to meet requirements
- Monitor sourced products in transit
- Preparation of various journals relevant to monthly management accounts
- Provide directors and senior managers with ad-hoc analysis of cost and margin information, including comment and supporting information
- Assist in auditing the company's stocktakes
- Deputise for the Cost Manager during periods of absence
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.