Holly Lewis Davies
over 1 year ago
Government Costs Draftsman
£25+ per hour
About the Role:
Costs Lawyer/ Costs Draftsman required to join a Government Department in London for an estimated period of 6 months. My client is looking for an experienced costs draftsman who has capability of acting for defendants in high-value cases. It will also be beneficial to have recent practice in dealing with adverse costs claims and costs budget as the right candidate will be handling a complex personal caseload. The ideal costs lawyer or costs draftsman will have 3+ years of post-qualified defendant work experience. The successful costs lawyer or costs draftsman must be able to evidence working autonomously and as part of a team. Litigation experience is advantageous as the role requires group litigation, however, this is not crucial.
The ideal candidate for this Costs Draftsman role will have:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Experience as a Costs Draftsman or Costs Lawyer
The successful candidate for this Costs Draftsman role will be required to:
- Maintaining a complex personal caseload, which mainly includes dealing with adverse costs claims and costs budgets
- Attending detailed assessment hearings at Court and instructing Counsel where necessary;
- Acting for Defendant clients on large adverse claims/group litigation;
- Preparation of budgets, dealing with objections raised by their opponents and advising lawyers both throughout the budgeting process and at Case Management Conferences;
- Preparation of Points of Dispute and assessing bills/schedules of costs;
- Responsible for handling negotiations of costs of settlement;
- Ability to advise client and lawyers on complex technical arguments;
- Experience of preparing costs applications.
- Central Government role
- Central London location
- Long term contract
- Umbrella rate of £25+ per hour
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Holly Lewis-Davies in our London office for a confidential discussion on 0203 741 8189/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.