Manchester, Greater Manchester
3 months ago
Full Time: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Highly motivated individual required for a permanent position within the finance team of a specialist professional services recruitment business
Reporting to Head of Finance, you will take on a variety of responsibilities whilst working alongside a strong team who will provide superb all around training and support. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term role, working in a fast paced, hard-working team environment.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to grow a career in finance. The successful candidate will be joining a great team who provide exceptional accounting support to our growing specialist professional services recruitment business.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for cash collection
- Calling external clients and liaising with internal consultants about overdue debt
- Assisting the Accounts team with recording the cash receipts on the sales ledger
- Assisting the Accounts team with raising sales invoices for permanent recruitment and sending to clients
- Provide weekly reporting to the HoF regarding cash collection
- Negotiate payment plans with clients to recover outstanding debts
- Follow the debt chasing process through to court action with support and training throughout
- Responding to ledger audit requests from public sector clients
Due to the high volume nature of this role, the successful candidate will require an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel as a minimum. The role requires a switched-on individual who is self-motivated and highly organised. Attention to detail, and fantastic customer service and communication skills are very important to be a success in this role.
We use IRIS Exchequer accounting software so previous experience of this system would be preferred but is not essential. Full training is provided on our associated bespoke timesheet / payroll system which is linked to our accounting software. The successful candidate must have experience of working in a finance team.
We are officially a Great Place to Work®, and the secret to our success is the people that we employ. We offer an unrivalled training and development programme ensuring you have the support, experience and skill set to achieve your goals.
Here at Sellick Partnership we want you to be as happy as possible, so we will reward you in a number of ways:
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus structure
- Tailored training and development opportunities
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and extra leave in line with length of service
- Flexible working scheme
- Pension scheme
- Medicash - company health plan
- Paid time off for charitable commitments
- Three annual company-wide events and team socials
If you are interested in this Credit Controller opportunity then please submit your CV. If you would like more information, please contact Simon Briffa at Sellick Partnership's Manchester office.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.