Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£20000 - £25000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Credit Controller to join a leading Logistics organisation based near Stoke / Crewe within a permanent position.
They are looking for someone to perform end-to-end, full Credit Control duties, manage three ledgers and chase high volume invoices, whilst also support the FD/FC with other ad-hoc duties.
Duties of the Credit Controller include:
- Working to the accounts departments accounting timetable to prepare information for the monthly management accounts and to carry out the period end processes
- Setting up new customers in accordance with company procedures
- Ensuring all job transactions are processed in accordance with the accounting timetable and ensuring backing documentation is distributed to customers where necessary
- Processing all manual invoices to monthly a timescale
- Chasing group debts and ensuring credit control procedures are adhered to for the group
- Investigating and resolving invoice queries in a timely manner
- Reviewing and maintaining the sales ledger, ongoing in preparation for month end
- Reviewing the unbilled deliveries report and liaising with customer and colleagues to ensure this is kept below minimum targets at month ends, reporting to the management accountant any problem debtors
- Ensuring all procedures relating to the sales ledger are kept up to date
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Speed and accuracy
- Willingness to learn
- A good team player, however must have the aptitude to work using own initiative in order to achieve results
- Strong organisational skills
- Previous experience of sales ledger and credit control
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Sage 200 would be advantageous
- Good Excel skills to generate reports and analysis
If you feel that you match the criteria to this job and are interested in the position, please apply now for immediate consideration. Interviews will be taking place the first few weeks on July.
A thorough handover will be in place for the successful candidate.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice