£28 - £35 per hour
6 months ago
6 months +
Criminal & Civil Litigation Lawyer
£28 - £35 per hour
A Criminal & Civil Litigation Lawyer or Legal Officer is required to join a commercially focused and highly reputable Local Authority based in London. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is experienced in litigation, to join their dynamic and growing litigation team on a full-time, locum basis.
As a Criminal & Civil Litigation Lawyer or Legal Officer, you will be responsible for a varied caseload which will include;
- Judicial Review challenges against the Council
- Defending and issuing claims and appeals including, parking claims, food premises closures, Appeals to the General Regulatory Chamber, Education Exclusion Appeals
- Prosecution work including health and safety, food hygiene, planning enforcement, street enforcement, trading standards and noise nuisance
- Adverse possession claims and encroachments
- Advocating in Magistrates and Crown Court
Required skills and experience of the Criminal & Civil Litigation Lawyer or Legal Officer
- Due to the broad nature of the role, this position would be ideally suited to a generalist litigator with at least 2 years litigation experience in local government, however our client is happy to consider applicants with a private practice background.
- It is desirable for applicants to have both Civil and Criminal litigation experience as you will be expected to hold a large caseload
- A good working knowledge of prosecutions, drafting of summonses, and ability to review and apply evidence to regulatory provisions is essential
- Ability to work with a relatively high degree of autonomy and take initiative in areas of responsibility
- Ability to think independently, research and apply principles to client matters
- Strong client care skills
- Commercially minded with the ability to give good quality advice in a manner which is easily understood by clients
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team that prides itself in the first class service it offers its clients. This local authority is happy to accommodate the successful candidate with a level of flexibility with working hours and working from home.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Litigation Legal Officer role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Kemi Awodiji at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.