Up to £26.3 per hour + + holidays and flexible working
8 months ago
Central Government Criminal Lawyer
£26.30 per hour + holiday pay
Minimum 12 month contract - Full-time
A Central Government team requires a Criminal Lawyer with 5 years + post qualified experience. The ideal candidate will have experience of practising criminal law (prosecuting or defending), ideally in relation to financial crime or experience of advising on criminal law issues within government.
The successful solicitor or barrister will be working within a supportive and friendly team and can expect to take on a busy caseload. As a Criminal Lawyer you will be expected to work independently and manage your own caseload subject to supervision. The client requires a solicitor/ barrister with effective case working skills in order to meet deadlines including great communication skills. A successful lawyer will be working effectively with clients and colleagues alike and display a positive, open and helpful attitude in the conduct of their work.
Key Responsibilities of a Criminal Lawyer
- Responsibility for a personal caseload subject to supervision
- Effectively communicating with colleagues and clients
- Use of Governments powers in the context of criminal work - search warrants and production orders
- Issues relating to the gathering and use of evidence during investigations
- Changes to criminal law, guidance or operational policy
- Intelligence gathering and interpretation of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 - covert surveillance, CHIS
- Mutual Administrative Assistance/ Mutual Legal Assistance/the execution of incoming requests for mutual legal assistance.
Required skills and experience of the Criminal Lawyer
- 5 years post qualified solicitor or barrister with criminal law experience
- reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk
- sound analysis of issues, using secure legal research
- making evidence based decisions
- managing a quality service for clients
- experience of complex and sensitive casework
- 1 year minimum contract with highly likely extension
- 42 paid hours per week for 37 working hours
- Flexible working options
- 31 days paid holiday per annum
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.