Brighton, East Sussex
£76000 - £95000 per annum
2 months ago
Litigation Lawyer - Criminal / Regulatory
Large Regulatory Body
Up to £95k per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Litigation Lawyer to join a large Regulatory Body.
As a Litigation Lawyer you will deal with large complex fraud and finance related cases and
work/ liaise with a range of stakeholders, such as Enforcement Agencies, financial investigators and Counsel and lead and advise on Criminal case matters.
Other duties will include:
- identify and advise on legal risk
- provide advice which facilitates the effective progression and management of cases, meeting statutory and policy objectives and organisational priorities as set out in the Corporate Strategy
- advise and support, or lead where necessary, criminal and/or regulatory investigations, in conjunction with external experts, legal advisers and suppliers
- advise on effective analysis of material and compliance with disclosure obligations
- ensure summons, associated prosecution materials and other pleadings, whether drafted internally by the client, by you or by counsel are appropriate and effective
- attend and conduct advocacy at first appearances, PTPH and substantive magistrates' and crown court hearings and in other regulatory/civil proceedings and forums (subject to rights of audience)
Required skills and experience:
- A qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- high awareness of current criminal law precedents and developments, as well as strategic trends and issues
- relevant experience of working with other agencies, regulatory, investigatory and prosecuting bodies
- detailed and tactical working knowledge criminal procedure rules and associated court and hearing practices and procedures
- comprehensive post qualification experience of providing consistent, clear, audience tailored risk-based legal advice on a range of criminal matters within a regulatory context, including complex cases, fraud, financial misconduct
Benefits of the role:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- Discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- Development opportunities
- Enhanced parental leave arrangements
- A free employee assistance programme
- An excellent office location in Brighton
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now, or contact Amy Swain at Sellick Partnership for a confidential chat on 0161 834 1642, or via email on email@example.com.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.