£20000 - £23500 per annum
8 months ago
Customer Service Advisor
Permanent - Full time
Sellick Partnership are working alongside a client based int eh Chesterfield area, who are recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor to join there team.
- To answer and respond to all telephone contact from customers and members of the public, providing a 'right first time' service.
- To provide advice and support to customers assisting in all matters including making payments, low level arrears arrangements, basic fault finding on gas boilers, repairs diagnosis and booking appointments, Choice Based Lettings support and providing information and advice on accessing all internal services.
- To effectively deploy appropriately skilled trade operatives for emergency and responsive works. Achieving Repairs Priority timescales and ensuring 100% compliance with statutory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide accurate information and advice on the full range of internal services resulting in an effective first point of contact for customers and members of the public.
- Keep up to date with regular policy, procedure and service changes to enable provision of accurate and timely information and advice to customers.
- Be the first point of contact for repair reporting including; fault finding, assessment of customer or household vulnerability, assessment of repair priority and severity and allocating the repair to an appropriate tradesperson.
- When allocating work to ensure sensible judgement is made about the trade type, available tradesperson and their whereabouts in the district, ensuring travel time is limited wherever possible.
- To ensure all responsive jobs are appointed appropriately to meet the priority deadlines and customers needs especially where there are vulnerability factors.
- Where work is being undertaken as part of a repairs programme or regeneration scheme to ensure appropriate information is sourced to respond to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Respond to changes in the availability of operatives, materials, no access and general work-flow disruptions to ensure maximum efficiency.
- To reappoint or redistribute work where an operative is unavailable due to sickness or emergency situations, ensuring priority works are complete by utilising alternative members of the team.
- To reschedule appointments where customers have called in following receipt of an appointment letter for planned gas servicing or electrical survey works, ensuring compliance targets are adhered to.
- To make appointments where customers call to re-arrange or where appointments have been missed and contact is made.
- Take payments over the phone for account holders and ensure they are correctly processed whilst abiding by current security standards including giving accurate account balances.
- To make low level arrears arrangements where customers have outstanding debt on their account.
- To promote direct debit as a payment option and set these up over the telephone where requested.
- To assist the Rents Team with end of year processes.
- Where contact results in documentation being required to ensure these are sent to the customer, for example a housing application form.
- Place bids on behalf of customers and prospective tenants on the Choice Move system, providing information regarding priority banding and recent bids placed.
- To provide advice on the options available through the community alarm service and refer to the team where this would be a suitable product for the customer.
- To make outgoing calls where necessary to maintain high levels of customer service and satisfaction, following up on any commitments made to call back a customer.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a customer service / planning environment
- Experience of working in an administrative environment.
- Able to use equipment including photocopying, filing systems and registers.
- Ability to write routine letters and reports.
- Operation of computerised information systems.
- Experience of working in a busy environment to tight deadlines.
- Organisational and analysis skills in terms of prioritising work, effective use of resources and evaluating performance.
- Able to work under pressure, responding flexibly and to tight deadlines.Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Customer Service skills - Must be able to deal effectively with, face to face and telephone enquiries from the public, sometimes under stressful situations
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Detailed knowledge of the Company and its activities
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate technical repair information and potentially complex policies
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please send your CV to email@example.com