Wigan, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum + bonus scheme and benefits
over 1 year ago
Our client is a growing Financial Services company based in the Wigan area. Due to continued company expansion and success, they are now looking to recruit a Data Analyst to join their Investment Management team on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the Data Analyst is to automate processes within the organisation, largely from a systems perspective.
The Data Analyst will act as a driver for change within the department, and will take responsibility for the following duties:
- Acting as the main point of contact for all queries relating to the Fund Accounting System
- Performing systems testing
- Providing systems based solutions for various teams within the organisation, predominantly Fund Accounting and Fund Pricing
- Using VBA skills to create off-system solutions to automate processes and improve efficiency
- Analysing existing processes and creating more efficient ways of working
- Supporting senior management with the production of MI
- Having good external relationships with Trustees, Custodians, Auditors and Fund Managers
- Project work centred around improving data processing
- Proactively developing the system in order to exploit its potential
Given the nature of the Data Analyst role and the environment, it is essential that applicants have previous experience within the Financial Services industry.
The Data Analyst will also meet the following criteria:
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organisational and time management skills
- Analytical by nature
- Proven ability to identify effective continuous improvement ideas
- Confident in communicating with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Outstanding computing skills, in particular, advanced working knowledge of Excel including VBA skills
- Proven experience of manipulating large volumes of financial data
This is an excellent opportunity for technically astute candidates with experience in the financial services or investment sector to take the next step on their career ladder.
The company offers study support, an excellent benefits package including a competitive pension and a collaborative company culture.
If you believe your background meets the criteria, please apply with a copy of your CV.
Note, this is a highly competitive position. We receive a high volume of applications and are unable to respond to each CV we receive.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.