City of London, London
5 months ago
Data Engineer sought for one of Europe's leading General Insurance brands. Following an exciting period of significant investment in their Data Science capabilities, our client is looking to recruit a Data Engineer with a proven track record of success to help improve performance and drive innovation throughout the organization. Experienced Data Analysts will also be considered.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer include:
- Shape the portfolio of business problems to solve by building detailed knowledge of Data sources, both internal and external
- Model Data landscape, obtain Data extracts and define secure Data exchange approaches
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to map Data fields
- Acquire, ingest and process Data from multiple sources and systems into Cloud Data Lake
Key skills and experience of the Data Engineer will include:
- Proven track record of working with at least two of the following technologies: Python, Scala, SQL, Java
- Proven track record of working within the Data Science field - you may currently be a Data Analyst looking to make the transition to Data Engineering
- Experience of and demonstrable interest in Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS or Databricks
- The ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders
- Highly competitive salary
- Strong pension scheme
- Flexible working pattern, including the option to work from home
- Discount on all of our client's Insurance products
If this role sounds like it could be of interest to you, please contact Charlie Christian on 0151 224 1480 or apply with your CV below.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.