Manchester, Greater Manchester
11 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Data Engineer with excellent Python skills to join their talents with a ground-breaking team based in Manchester.
This role involves ingesting data from a variety of data sources from relational databases to unstructured data such as images or HTML documents. You will then use big data tools such as Apache Spark & Data Bricks on Azure to process, clean & enhance this data to produce reliable feature sets. There will be opportunities to work closely with Data Science teams & develop Machine Learning skills & experience.
Skills and experience of the Data Engineer:
- Multi-year real world Python coding experience
- Sound knowledge & demonstrable experience of best practice Python Software Engineering.
- Enthusiasm & a passion for coding in Python & producing high quality, elegant code.
- An understanding & interest in big data & data engineering
- Experience building and optimizing data ingestion and processing pipelines
- Relational Database\SQL experience or NoSQL Database experience.
- Experience in Big Data tools - Spark, Hadoop, Data Bricks
- Public Cloud experience - Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc..
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer:
- Shape the portfolio of business problems to solve by building detailed knowledge of Data sources, both internal and external
- Model Data landscape, obtain Data extracts and define secure Data exchange approaches
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to map Data fields
- Acquire, ingest and process Data from multiple sources and systems into Cloud Data Lake
Rewards and Benefits:
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and our client's performance.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own.
- Life assurance 10x reference salary (4x if not in the Pension Scheme)
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 28 days by your fifth year of service.
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme.
- Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
- 20% discount with EE.
- 50% off Pure Gym membership.
- Discount on all our client's Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.
- Investment in Professional Qualifications.