City of London, London
10 months ago
Data Manager sought for one of the leading General Insurance brands in the UK. Our client is currently undergoing a period of Data Science based transformation and as such is looking to expand their Commercial Lines Pricing team with the recruitment of an experienced General Insurance professional with excellent people skills and technical expertise.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced General Insurance professional to join their analytical skills with a world-leading brand.
Responsibilities of the Data Manager:
- Act as a core member of the Commercial Lines transformation project, which is building the next generation of platforms, data & modelling systems into our client's Commercial Lines business
- Extract, cleanse and summarise data to improve existing rating and monitoring to support the Pricing decision making process.
- Managing Projects - Ensure data, pricing & project tasks are completed to appropriate standards and timelines using resource from across the team and ensure delivery of analysis is appropriate to driving profitable growth.
- Use the insight gleaned from data, management information and modelling to help set the agenda for changes in direction
- Analyse and review available data, which can augment existing data to find new commercial insights.
- Form part of a team supporting a variety of ongoing work, projects and ad-hoc requests, ensuring your development is well rounded and provides a stimulating variety of work.
Skills and experience of the Data Manager:
- Strong commercial awareness and demonstrable experience of liaising with senior stakeholders across the business
- Experience of using SAS
- Insurance industry experience demonstrating the technical expertise and industry knowledge required
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Previous management experience is preferable
Rewards and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Strong Pension Scheme
- Flexible benefits on offer
- 25 days holiday rising to 28 days with service
- Discount on all of our client's Insurance products
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
If this opportunity sounds like it could be of interest, please apply below with your CV.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.