Up to £600 per day + + flexible working arrangements
8 months ago
Data Privacy Lawyer - Central Government
Up to £600 per day
About the Role:
We have an excellent opportunity to a Central Government Legal Team as a Data Privacy Lawyer. The position is for a minimum of 6 months with a possible extension and is working at the forefront of an important Central Government Project.
The Data Privacy Lawyer will inform and advise the client on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements, identify and mitigate potential privacy and data protection-related risks, ensure compliance with data protection requirements and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the privacy and data protection implications.
Key Requirements for the Data Privacy Lawyer:
The successful candidate for this Data Privacy Lawyer role will have:
- 5 years + post UK qualified experience (Solicitor, Barrister or equivalent)
- Excellent academics credentials (minimum 2:1)
- Expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
- A deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- Experience negotiating complex data processing agreements
- Government Law is desirable but not essential
The successful candidate for this Data Privacy Lawyer role will be required to:
- Inform and advise the client on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements
- Identify and mitigate potential privacy and data protection-related risks
- Ensure compliance with data protection requirements
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the privacy and data protection implications.
- Oversee data protection audits and reviews
- Access to unique central government work
- Collaborative working environment
- Flexible and remote working options
- Central London location
- Potential for a long contract
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Mark Bladen in our London office for a confidential discussion on 0203 997 9255/ Mark.Bladen@sellickpartnership.co.uk
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.