about 2 months ago
On behalf of a large London based Local Authority, I am recruiting for an Information Governance Officer to join the team on an locum contract.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a Local Authority and required to:
- Manage information, maintain and implement information handling procedures, in response to Subject Access requests (SAR) and Freedom of information requests (FOI)
- Communicating with internal and external clients and stakeholders including data subjects and work directly with legal representatives
- Providing Data Protection advice and dealing with matters in relation to complying with Confidentiality and Data Protection Procedures
- Identify risks and recommend corrective actions and mitigation
- Provide training and guidance to all service areas on SAR procedures including exemptions and time limits/extension
- Be the point of contact for data subjects and the ICO in respect of SARs
The successful candidate must be available on short term notice and have experience dealing with information governance and data protection matters. My client is seeking an enthusiastic, committed individual who is able to work unsupervised on a remote basis.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, please apply now by sending an up to date CV to Leah Edgar at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing CVs on a weekly basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted before the closing date.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.