6 months ago
Our client are seeking a Data Protection officer to join them for a 12 month locum assignment.
The successful candidate will ensure our client is compliant with Data Protection Law, reviewing current data protection policies and rewriting and relaunching those policies where required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and interpreting Data Protection Legislation to determine work scope and if DPIA requirements apply, Data Breaches have occurred and what actions are required.
- Under the direction of the DPO accountable for defining and implementing the strategic direction, policy and training through interpretation of the applicable legislation.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all matters relating to the Data Protection Act and the protection of personal information whether processed internally or within the supply chain.
- Responsible as point of contact for individual requests and queries regarding Data Protection legislation, managing and processing responses.
- Under the direction of the DPO, act as point of contact with the Information Commissioner for Data Protection related issues.
- Review and production of existing and new Policy, strategy, processes, procedures and guidance documentation to implement legislation changes. Creating and maintaining materials for use by employees as guidance in the application of Data Protection Legislation including on line solutions.
- Assist with the Implementation of Data Protection legislation by promoting awareness across the business.
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments across the business.
- Understanding the risk management process.
- Manage and process subject access requests under Data Protection Legislation whilst Understanding the exemptions and rights of individuals under the legislation
- Investigate and report on Personal Data Breaches; conducting investigations to ensure that all facts are established in accordance with the legislation.
- Delivery and development of Data Protection Training in support of DPO as a subject matter expert to support the delivery of organizational training, upskilling, coaching and mentoring
- Development and implementation of systems and applications to manage Data Protection Activities identifying medium and long term knowledge gaps and recommending programmes of work to be included in business plans.
- Comply with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Kiran Purewal in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.