Data Solution Architect
Newcastle upon Tyne
£70000 - £81000 per annum + Car, pension, private medical
0191 261 8585
Data Solution Architect
Up to £81,000 per annum base salary
Remote/ Flexible working
Car or car allowance £6,100
10% annual bonus
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be assisting a long standing industry leading client to recruit for an exciting permanent Data Solution Architect.
The Data Solution Architect will be responsible for establishing strategic data direction, turning business data objectives into outcomes, and managing the development of solutions to support business strategies. You will lead strategic data architecture initiatives and be a key player in the
Enterprise Data Management programme, this role is embedded within the programme to enable the modernisation of the Data Driven Capabilities for the business.
As Data Solution Architect you will lead in data modelling, data governance, data integration, and visualisation. You will design AWS cloud-based solutions and support their development through agile development teams.
Key Accountabilities as IT Data Solution Architect
- Design blueprints to realize data related aspects of the business strategy including architecture capabilities and high-level solution architectures for current and proposed business services and lead proof of concepts.
- Provide technical leadership in transforming Data requirements to solutions and technical designs, while working as a key member of cross functional product team(s); distributed across multiple geographies and organizations
- Provide advice and support in performance tuning, troubleshooting, cost optimization and other implementation and operational challenges.
- Quality review solution providers high- and low-level solution designs ensuring they align to the data architecture and policies.
- Govern the shaping, design and development of architectures that are aligned with Group and BU standards and organisational strategy and value streams.
- Being responsible for ongoing management of the IT Data roadmap, investment and implementation plan and ensuring that the IT architecture is appropriate to business requirements.
- Provide full architectural life cycle guidance to business and IT teams and ensure quality of technical deliverables.
- Being accountable for the delivery of high-quality architectural artefacts which clearly explain the Enterprise Data Architecture and decisions behind it.
- Drive the rationalisation of the Data environments to standardise, streamline and simplify the landscape.
- Own Data architecture initiatives such as the creation and ongoing management of standard architecture artefacts (landscape, roadmaps, strategies).
- Be the focal point of the Data Solution Architecture and communication internally and outward communication to the Group.
- Influence the current business operating model and design for future data governance, data engineering and BI.
- Assist the IT Director & Chief Data Officer to manage the Data architecture budget and plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Has experience in designing and architecting enterprise-wide Data solutions within a global organisation.
- Is capable of developing and validating architecture roadmap, vision, and solution designs.
- Has knowledge and understanding of a variety of current and future technologies and innovations and how they may impact organisations including infrastructure, business applications and integration services.
- Experienced in logical and physical data modelling for both transactional and analytical systems.
- Practical experience of working with ETL tools.
- Experience with AWS data technologies such as S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, and Glue.
- Understanding of BI tools such as Power BI, QuickSight, SAP Business Objects
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Has experience in developing business cases, technology roadmaps, business and technical requirements and translating them into technical designs and services.
- Good knowledge of data patterns and implementing solutions on-premise, AWS, and SaaS platform architectures.
- Has knowledge and understanding of frameworks and methodologies such as TOGAF, Zachman and ArchiMate and can demonstrate its value for the enterprise.
- Experience working within government, regulated industries, defence or security including impact of heightened information and cyber security requirements to meet the standard set by frameworks such as ISO27001, CE and CE+.
- Educated to Degree level and would be advantageous in a numerate (Mathematics, Engineering or Scientific) or Computer Science
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate or Professional Level
- Holds a professional qualification e.g. TOGAF, Zachman or other architecture methodology.
- Qualifications in Project Management, AGILE Methodologies, IT Service Management would be advantageous
Please contact Adam Burgess at Sellick Partnership to discuss in further detail and to receive a full job spec/ additional information.
Disclaimer: Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website