£30000 - £32000 per annum
5 months ago
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Demand Planner to join a well-established and progressively growing business in the south Manchester area. Reporting to the Operations Director the successful candidate will take full ownership of operations planning working closely with senior management across Sales, Operations, Supply Chain and Product Development.
Duties will include:
* Collect and collate market and customer intelligence, and make it available to everybody involved in the forecasting process
* Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure that their market and customer knowledge and plans are reflected in the forecasts
* Analyse sales trends and identify the key drivers of sales of key products and product groups
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures for the sales forecasting processes - Ensure that all documentation for the sales forecasting processes and systems is up-to-date and complies with company standards.
* Develop statistical forecast models and proficient in Excel (Advanced)
* Gather, analyse and validate all data that will be used in preparing statistical forecasts
* Prepare statistical forecasts for use in the sales forecasting process
* Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting through highlighting any unexpected trends or forecasts
* Facilitate and manage forecast review meetings with all Sales managers
* Monitor the sales performance of new products and develop a history that can be used as a guide in future launches
* Provide input to the forecasts for new products
* Assess the impact of promotions and other events on sales
* Develop repository of information that can be used to support future forecasting and risk analysis
* Provide data on sales variability, forecast accuracy and future forecasts that are used in setting safety stocks and inventory planning policies and parameters
* Prepare reports and data that will be used in the forecast review process - part of the Sales and Operations Planning process
* Identify and report on any significant variances between forecasted sales and the organisation's budgets and business plans
* Present, solicit and assess feedback on forecasts from senior management team
* Achieve consensus for demand forecasts
* Implement any forecast changes resulting from the forecast review
* Follow-up with all participants to ensure that actions agreed in the forecast reviews are completed in a timely manner
* Develop and reach agreement on appropriate measures of forecast accuracy and forecast bias
* Prepare and distribute regular reports on forecast accuracy
* Analyse trends and identify opportunities for improving the accuracy of future sales forecasts
* Review past forecasting performance and identify major forecast variances
* Lead root-cause-analysis initiatives and formulate actions and plans to ensure that major forecast variances do not re-occur
* Identify and lead the implementation of opportunities to improve forecast accuracy. These could include collaboration with customers and channel partners and effective use of end-consumer sales data
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing business in an elevated role where you will receive an great deal of autonomy to improve things. You will be highly analytical with strong interpersonal skills. You will be proficient with statistical and forecasting fundamentals and ideally have a supply chain or finance background.
If you or anyone you know has the requisite skills or experience for this Demand Planner role, please contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.