£15.00 - £15.17 per hour
about 2 months ago
A Democratic Services Officer is required for a council based in the Home Counties on an initial locum contract of 3 months with a view to extend. - remote working!
The main purpose of this role is to provide high quality and comprehensive:-
- Service to the Council's decision making proceedings. Liaising with officers and managers across all the Service Groups
- Advice, guidance and support (including research) to the Council's Overview and Scrutiny Committees. Liaising with Councillors and external bodies.
Duties for the Democratic Services officer include:
- To service the Council's Committees and other bodies as required, including arranging and attending Member and Officer-level meetings, compiling reports and agendas, despatching papers on time, attending meetings, taking and drafting minutes, advising Members and Officers on procedures, ensuring Committee decisions are actioned and related administrative work carried out.
- To maintain and keep up-to-date the Unit's electronic committee management system and departmental records and to help Members, Officers and customers when required.
- To undertake scrutiny work and assist with the project management of Scrutiny Reviews.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Members and Officers involved in the Overview and Scrutiny process, providing advice and information where appropriate, initiating action on their behalf and representing their views accurately to other employees.
- Keep up to date with the developments in Democratic Services and Scrutiny work through reading, research and appropriate networking opportunities.
For this Democratic Services position, previous Local Authority experience is desired, however our client is willing to look at those from different background with transferable skills.
In return for this work, the Democratic Services Officer will enjoy the following benefits:
- Remote working
- Competitive Salary
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Zanub Najmi in our Manchester office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.