Competitive, discretionary bonus, life assurance
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Deputy Administration Manager to join a UK leading pension's specialist. The role is on a full time and permanent basis, with excellent growth opportunities.
The role would be suitable for an experienced administration person with exposure to pensions.
Job purpose summary
Working closely with the Administration Manager, as prime day to day contact for a given portfolio of Administration clients, to ensure provision of high-quality pension administration services. In addition, you will be expected to participate in strategic business changes.
The duties of the Deputy Administration Manager include:
- Overseeing the management of annual and ad-hoc projects for all schemes on the team such as renewals, benefit statements, pension increases, life styling, trustees' reports and accounts.
- Monitoring accuracy, performance, and SLAs for the team, including activity and client performances, and taking action to ensure targets are met.
- Liaising with Administration Manager regarding appraisals and regular catch up meetings. Conducting some appraisals and catch-up meetings including regular mentoring meetings with staff on probation.
- Helping identify any training needs across the team and assisting with developing and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring the accurate update of time recording system for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities.
- Anticipating, resolving and owning problems, identifying solutions to management as and when required.
- Preparing, checking and issuing administration bills.
- Ensuring breaches, errors and complaints logs are promptly completed and regularly reviewed.
- Assist in recruitment process including interviews.
- Manage day to day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of all work. Hold regular workflow meetings with senior team members (where needed) to manage progress and resolve any issues.
- Take part in marketing and new business activities including completing tender responses, attending pitches and presenting at site visits.
- Providing expert advice solutions to pensions queries and pensions consultative advice; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry, and providing technical support to more junior staff
- Drive and support automation projects across team.
- Provide guidance to team members on items such as utilisation recoverability and fees to quote for ad-hoc projects/service upgrades.
- Sign out non-standard letters in response to client and member queries.
- Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
The ideal Deputy Administration Manager will have:
- The skills to demonstrate an expert knowledge of pension's administration activities.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases.
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
- Previous supervisory or workflow management experience is required ideally including performance monitoring, appraisals, recruitment etc.
- Third party pensions administration experience preferred, although strong all round experience within an in house pensions department which is not purely process driven will be considered.
- Numerical aptitude evidenced by work related experience or academic achievements as listed below.
- IT proficiency, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- A minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B.
- Significant progression within a relevant pensions qualification e.g. CPC/QPA/DPC/RPC/APMI
- Applicants deemed 'qualified by experience' would be considered.
On offer is an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- A set of core benefits including pension plan, life assurance, employee assistance programme, 25 days holiday per year and access to a qualified, practising GP 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech Scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, critical illness cover, private medical cover for self and family, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers.
Our client is hoping to have the Deputy Administration Manager in the role as soon as possible, therefore if you believe your experience meets the criteria above, please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.