£36153 - £39961 per annum + Local gov pension + free parking
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Deputy Chief Accountant to join a well-established organisation based in Staffordshire on a permanent basis.
The Deputy Chief Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the management of staff and work of the Financial Shared Service Function, ensuring duties and responsibilities are allocated and are performed effectively and efficiently within set standards.
Duties of the Deputy Chief Accountant include:
- To act as the lead officer, under the guidance of the Chief Accountant, for the General Fund Revenue Functions of the Financial Services Shared Service function.
- To assist the Chief Accountant in the completion of their duties and ensuring that the work is completed to the agreed timetables, deadlines and formats.
- To provide Members and Officers of both Councils with financial information, advice and support to a high professional standard.
- To ensure that Financial Shared Service Function are provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with statutory requirements, best professional practice and the Council's/Stafford Borough accounting policies.
- To maintain accounts in accordance with statutory requirements, best professional advice and the relevant Council's accounting policies.
The suitable candidate will have the following:
- A recognised CCAB accounting qualification
- Experience of budget setting, budget monitoring and closure of accounts and Capital accounting.
- Experience of managing and supervising a team
- Experience of formulation of overall budget strategy and determination of timescales
- Experience of leading Council budget setting
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place late March*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice