£47000 - £53000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting a Deputy Finance Controller to a well-established Public Sector organisation in Lincolnshire. This position is crucial to the organisations future plans and will play a key part in their continued success.
Key responsibilities of the Deputy Finance Controller:
- Management of the Trust's Financial Accounts, Capital Accounts and Treasury Management Team (3 members of staff). Ensuring the Team is motivated and successfully working towards the achievement of clear objectives. Manage staff appraisals and develop team members.
- Assist in Financial Statement preparation process during year end and liaise with other senior management to prepare disclosure notes in the Annual Accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors and financial reports to the Regulator for NHS Foundation Trusts and production of published annual accounts and financial returns (turnover £1.2bn).
- Responsible for leading the AoB (Agreement of Balances) process in line with Department of Health deadlines. Work with other NHS authorities and other stakeholders to reconcile intra-authority balances and co-ordinate the consolidation of the Whole Government Accounts.
- Manage the Trust's liquidity position and instruct the team to transfer funds between government accounts and commercial accounts to ensure best utilisation of cash. Supervision of all aspects of banking administration, including authorising BACs runs, CHAPs and arranging and authorising bank transfers.
- Responsible for management of the Trust's Asset Register and ensuring the accounting for fixed assets and leases are compliant with accounting standards.
- Specific responsibility for managing the integrity of the financial ledgers through ensuring on a monthly basis that all journals and reconciliations are accurate and completed on time. Reviewing journals and balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring timely resolution of reconciling items. Liaise with Management Accounts teams as required to oversee correct and timely posting to Oracle Fusion (accounting system).
The successful Deputy Finance Controller will:
- Be a fully CCAB qualified Accountant (CIPFA, CIMA, etc.)
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of managing corporate financial teams/services in a Public Sector environment
- Have experience of leading and delivering year-end publications on time (yearly budgets, management accounts, other in-year returns)
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual leave + statutory holidays
- Flexible working policy
- Excellent pension scheme
- Continued progression and development opportunities
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Nicole Graley at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.